Citrus-Glazed Fruit Kabobs
What could be sweeter, simpler and more perfect for alfresco dining than grilled fresh seasonal fruit? —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime or orange juice
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup each fresh peach, apricot, plum and nectarine wedges
- 1/2 cup thickly sliced ripe banana
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled mango
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mint and ginger; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, lime juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the fruit; brush with half of the glaze. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Serve warm with yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Seasonal Grilled Fruit with Citrus Glaze in Taste of Home August/September 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.