Citrus Glazed Chicken
I don't make very many main dishes with fruit in them, but my two children and I love this recipe. The chicken's very tender and the sauce is absolutely wonderful.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pound the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip into citrus mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil for about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken. In the same skillet, cook garlic, onions and ginger in butter for 1 minute. Add flour and salt; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan; sprinkle with parsley. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 128 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Glazed Chicken in Country Extra July 1996
Apr 18, 2010
just tried this recipe tonight and we absolutely loved it I doubled the sauce recipe and am glad i did. I fixed garlic potatoes with it and the sauce just complimented it. I will definately be fixing this again.