Try this tart and tasty salad for a refreshing midwinter lift. "I love to prepare pretty dishes, and this salad is fancy, fast and almost sweet enough to be a dessert," says Mary Ann Marino of West Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: Non-Alcoholic Party Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the lime peel. Gradually whisk in oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine the grapefruit and orange sections. Pour the dressing over fruit; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Fruit Cup in Country Woman January/February 2003, p39