This light and refreshing fondue is just right for warmer weather. It's the perfect way to showcase the naturally great flavor of fruit.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Fresh fruit
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon and orange juice and zest and ginger; cook until the butter is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 92 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Citrus Fondue in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.