This light and refreshing fondue is just right for warmer weather. It's the perfect way to showcase the naturally great flavor of fruit.
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Fresh fruit
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon and orange juice and peel and ginger; cook until the butter is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Citrus Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p180