Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds haddock, cod or halibut fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Place an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet. Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion, parsley, and lemon and orange zest. Drizzle with oil. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 208 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jun 1, 2011
Instead of fresh orange and lemon peel, I used dried and did not adjust the quantity. I really didn't like the orange peel flavor. We did this on the BBQ instead of inside and it worked awesome. I do love the method of grilling the fish in the packet and will try that again, just with a different set of seasonings.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.