- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and cut in half
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning, divided
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut or cod, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, 1 tablespoon lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place fish in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining orange juice concentrate, lime juice and taco seasoning. Pour over fish; toss gently to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place a spoonful of the fish mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and pineapple salsa; roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCitrus Fish Tacos
"I want to give this 3.5 stars. I followed the recipe, other than using canned pineapple, and it was good. My corn tortillas kept falling apart so we switched to crunchy taco shells. My kids both liked the fish and the salsa (minus the jalape?o) while my husband and I thought the salsa too sweet. We both added some red onion, jalape?o, and Sriracha sauce, but I wouldn't put this on my regular rotation. I liked that it was fairly easy and I would probably make it again for the kids."
"This was pretty good. I added fresh chopped cilantro to the pineapple salsa."