Citrus Fish for Two
One of my friends on the tasteofhome.com forums shared the basis for this easy recipe of delicately flavored fish, and I made some adjustments. The bonus? Cleanup is an absolute breeze.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound haddock, cod or halibut fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet. Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion, parsley, and lemon and orange zest. Drizzle with oil. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked fish: 209 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Crockpot Citrus Fish in Taste of Home December/January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.