- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine the orange juice, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCitrus Chocolate Cupcakes
"Seriously these are great!! They even freeze well in the door section to grab and pack into a lunch box! Perfect blend of flavors!"
"Yes, it's true...no eggs! But, my family felt they were a little dry. Definitely needs a glass of milk to wash them down."
"These cupcakes were great with the touch of orange. easy to make too, especially when you're out of eggs!"
"These turned out great and did not last long at our house. They were moist and very tasty. The hint of orange flavoring was just right. I will be making them again soon."
"These cupcakes are delicious and so easy to make, they're a keeper for sure. My family loves them and will be making this recipe many more times."
"I'm anxious to try these..but is the recipe correct ? no eggs ??"