Citrus Chiffon Salad
Crushed pineapple and orange juice, with a hint of lemon, give this creamy gelatin salad a pleasant tang. The cool fluffy side dish, shared by Kathy Newman of Cedarburg, Wisconsin, is sure to win raves at your next church luncheon.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon or orange gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- In a small saucepan, bring orange and lemon juices to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. In a blender, process the cream cheese, whipped topping, pineapple and mayonnaise until smooth. Add gelatin mixture; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 153 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Citrus Chiffon Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002