Citrus Carrots and Sprouts
I love serving brussels sprouts this way. The carrots and orange peel sweeten them up just right, while the hot pepper sauce adds a bit of zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 to drops hot pepper sauce
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan with a small amount of water; cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 95 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Carrots and Sprouts in Country Woman Christmas 1999