Citrus Carrots and Sprouts
I love serving brussels sprouts this way. The carrots and orange peel sweeten them up just right, while the hot pepper sauce adds a bit of zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 to drops hot pepper sauce
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan with a small amount of water; cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 95 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Carrots and Sprouts in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.