In Geneva, Illinois, Amy Volk serves these julienned carrots that pick up a pleasant tang from orange juice and cumin. "This tasty treatment for carrots is kid-tested and approved," she says.
Recommended: Top 10 Easter Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound carrots
- 6 cups water
- Combine orange juice, butter and cumin; set aside.
- Cut carrots into 3-in. chunks, then into matchstick strips. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Carrot Sticks in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p57