Citrus Cabbage Slaw
A hint of mustard in the vinaigrette-style dressing sparks the flavor in this change-of-pace coleslaw. Fruit and cauliflower are unexpected surprises in the cabbage mixture, but the flavors blend beautifully.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, cauliflower, pineapple and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Toss just before serving; serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 195 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Citrus Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home August/September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.