- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium orange, quartered, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 medium lemon, quartered, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 medium lime, quartered, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, water, orange, lemon and lime slices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Add blueberries; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 25-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews forCitrus Blueberry Marmalade
"This is a very tasty recipe. Two things I didn't like about it however were #1: as written, you end up with VERY large chunks of peel in the marmalade at the end that I ended up having to fork out ( I chopped some pieces up and put them back in), and #2 mine came out a little runnier than I would have liked (personal preference or possibly very juicy blueberries) so I cooked it a little longer and only ended up with 4 half pints. Overall a good recipe though. I'd make it again. :-)"