Citrus Avocado Spinach Salad
Tossing this salad together with creamy avocado and tangy citrus is so simple, and it practically makes a meal of itself. —Karole Friemann, Kimberling City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 3 cups refrigerated citrus salad, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Salad dressing of your choice, optional
- Divide spinach among eight plates; top with citrus salad and avocados. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, dressing and almonds. Serve immediately.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Del Monte SunFresh Citrus Salad.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without almonds and dressing): 168 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.