Citrus Asparagus Salad
Looking for a super-easy way to dress up fresh asparagus? This 6-ingredient salad goes together in no time and gives this delightful veggie a zippy citrus tang. —Marlene Mohr Cincinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately; place asparagus in ice water. Drain; pat dry and put in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, orange zest and lemon-pepper. Pour over asparagus; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 46 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Citrus Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.