Citrus-Apple Tossed Salad
"This crisp fruit salad bursts with flavor," says Dorothy Swanson, St. Louis, Missouri. A light dressing lets the fresh taste of the ingredients shine through.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium red apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cubed cream cheese, optional
- Seasoned salad croutons, optional
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, chives, honey, paprika and salt; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cream cheese and croutons if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Citrus-Apple Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.