Citrus Apple Crisp
From Amite, Louisiana, Audrey Lanier sends this smaller-sized crisp that is sure to disappear as quickly at your home as it does at hers. "We like it served warm with a little cream or a scoop of ice cream," she explains.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granola cereal with nuts
- In a bowl toss the apples and lemon juice. Add the raisins, marmalade, flour and cinnamon; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with granola. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Apple Crisp in Quick Cooking January/February 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.