Cinnamon Yogurt Twists
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat the butter, yogurt and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x9 in. rectangle. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar over dough; fold into thirds. Give dough a quarter turn and repeat rolling, sugaring and folding three more times.
- Roll into a 12x6-in rectangle. Cut into twenty-four 1/2-in.-wide strips; twist. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 twist: 176 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 30, 2014
Nice, light sweet bread. I used about half margarine instead of butter, and vanilla yogurt instead of plain. I needed more flour than called for, probably because of not using all butter. We drizzled with a confectioner's sugar glaze. With the night time prep, it was pretty easy to have it ready for a weekend breakfast.