Cinnamon Walnut Brittle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a baking sheet; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in the walnuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes longer or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. Cool; break into pieces.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 57 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 22, 2012
I have made this 3 times already and people love it! I have never made brittle before and this was fantastic!I have been making it in a large glass measuring cup with a handle and that has made things easy to deal with. I will be making more before the holidays are over =^.^=
Apr 30, 2012
Very easy to make, love it!
Dec 24, 2011
Not very cinnamon tasting so I substituted cinnamon flavoring for vanilla. I omitted the walnuts. While its cooling I sprinkled red sugar & cinnamon red hots.
Sep 13, 2010
I needed something quick and easy for a gift but this wasn't it! It burned halfway through the second cooking of 21/2 min. My microwave is even less wattage than the recipe called for so I don't understand what happened!
Jan 30, 2010
Delicious! But took two to handle it.One to hold and tip the hot bowl while the other scraped. My daughter settled that problem by purchasing a large size measuring cup with a handle. That worked great!
Dec 27, 2009
My son and brother-in-law fought over it until I made more...it was super easy to make and turned out perfectly! I will definitely put it on my yearly list of Christmas goodies!
Dec 21, 2009
This was so good that I made a second batch today. I plan on making more for Christmas gifts. It is so easy and quick. The cinnamon is just the right amount. Not overwhelming. I made no adjustments to the recipe.
Dec 21, 2009
This brittle is delicious and so very easy to make. I will be keeping this recipe.
Dec 17, 2009
I cooked it just as the recipe called for but it never hardened.
Dec 13, 2009
This was so good!! I will be making this often.