These cinnamon squares really hit the spot served hot from the oven. "Someone gave my mother the recipe a few years ago, and everyone raves about it," says Diane Marshall of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "Kids love the cream cheese-filled snacks, especially when they're cup tin cookie-cutter shapes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread cream cheese on one side of half of the slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each into four squares. Spritz both sides with butter-flavored spray.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; add bread squares and turn to coat both sides. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts4 square: 233 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Toasties in Light & Tasty June/July 2002