Cinnamon Swirl Rolls
When you don't have time to make from-scratch cinnamon rolls, rely on this recipe that begins with refrigerated breadsticks. Employ little hands to help shape these sweet treats.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a shallow bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 12 breadsticks; brush all sides with some of the butter, then coat with sugar mixture.
- On a greased baking sheet, form three breadsticks into a coil, overlapping ends slightly. Secure with a toothpick through the overlapped ends and at the end of the swirl. Repeat with remaining breadsticks. Drizzle remaining butter over rolls; sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Discard toothpicks. Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 505 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 91g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.