When you don't have time to make from-scratch cinnamon rolls, rely on this recipe that begins with refrigerated breadsticks. Employ little hands to help shape these sweet treats.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a shallow dish, combine the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon. Separate breadsticks. Brush all sides with butter, then coat with sugar mixture.
- On a greased baking sheet, form three breadsticks into a coil, overlapping ends slightly. Secure with toothpick through the overlapped breadstick ends and at the end of the swirl. Repeat with remaining breadsticks. Pour remaining butter over rolls; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Discard toothpicks. Combine the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Swirl Rolls in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p5