- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, potatoes, butter, sugar and salt. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add potato mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Fold in raisins. stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rectangles to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled. Brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forCinnamon-Swirl Raisin Bread
"This was one of the first yeast breads i made without assistance..it was fairly simple and oh so yummy! it is one of my family's favorites!"