- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forCinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
"I LOVE THIS bread OMG!! I'VE MADE THIS SO MANY TIMES. I DON'T SWIRL THE CINNAMON, I just add it to the batter, I also divide the white sugar with 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 brown sugar in the batter. I don't do separate layers just pour it all in one bread pan, and then cover the top with brown sugar and more cinnamon. OHHHMYGOD!! THIS bread IS SO DELICIOUS! I've toasted it with just butter on it and I've put it in my waffle maker and made waffles with it topped with butter and sliced bananas and strawberries FANTASTIC!"
"Cinnamon is our favorite spice so this was a HUGE hit in my family. One of my son's loves it toasted with butter and cinnamon sugar for a truly delectable piece of cinnamon toast!"
"I was great. I added more cinnamon and cut the sugar by half a cup."
"I felt this was overly sweet. The top of the bread was too crispy, not the crumbly sort, but what happens when you burn sugar.I won't be making this again. Really bad."
"easy to make and delicious."
"My second loaf is in the oven now. I made my first loaf this past weekend, just as directed in recipe. OMG, this is good stuff! As a matter of fact, it was so good, I lost the last serving because a mouse chewed through the Ziploc bag and had some, ruining my breakfast for the day. So, now with mouse traps set, a new loaf of cinnamonny goodness is baking away, ready for breakfast tomorrow. I baked in a glass loaf pan for 45 minutes last time and feel 50 minutes will be just right this time. easy peasy to put together, too. Did not use the glaze, and it was fine without it."
"Made this substituting 1/4 cup applesauce for the egg and using soy milk with vinegar intead of buttermilkThese sinstitutions made the loaf vegan. Also did not use the glaze. It eas very good and will make again"
"I made this today and doubled the recipe to get 2 loaves. It came out perfectly with a nice fine crumb. I did make a couple of changes. I didn't have buttermilk so for each 1 cup milk, I subbed with 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup vinegar and let it sit for 5 mins or so. For each 1/4 cup oil I used 1/8 cup applesauce 1/8cup canola oil. I also only used 3/4 cup sugar for each loaf of the bread. I planned to freeze one loaf do I didn't glaze that one as I wasn't sure how it would taste when thawed. Very simple to make. A great recipe for beginners!"
"Very Good. Nice change from my usual coffee cake and easier and quicker to make"
"I took this to a meeting and it was gone before I could try a slice, from across the room I saw people going back for seconds really quickly.Didn't do the glaze and it took almost 1/2 an hour longer to cook but it got rave reviews from those who did get a piece!"