- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forCinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
"Batter is way too thick and not much flavor at all. Will not be making again anytime soon."
"Delicious!! A couple notes: It took an hour and 5 minutes to bake all the way through. Based on other reviews, I swirled the ciinnamon-sugar in A LOT to avoid problems with the bottom layer not baking properly. There was also way too much cinnamon-sugar mixture for my taste. Next time I will combine the cinnamon with 1/4 cup sugar instead of 1/2. Finally, it says to "pour half the batter" into the pan, but what I had was a soft dough, like for biscuits. Not "batter." I had to plop it in with a spoon; there was no pouring. :) I was craving cinnamon and this recipe was just what I wanted. (I skipped the glaze entirely. This bread is plenty sweet without it.)"
"easy and delicious!"
"Is the batter supposed to be really thick? I had to press the batter with my fingers because it was too thick to spred with a spoon. It is in the oven now so will see if it is a keeper."
"I LOVE THIS bread OMG!! I'VE MADE THIS SO MANY TIMES. I DON'T SWIRL THE CINNAMON, I just add it to the batter, I also divide the white sugar with 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 brown sugar in the batter. I don't do separate layers just pour it all in one bread pan, and then cover the top with brown sugar and more cinnamon. OHHHMYGOD!! THIS bread IS SO DELICIOUS! I've toasted it with just butter on it and I've put it in my waffle maker and made waffles with it topped with butter and sliced bananas and strawberries FANTASTIC!"
"Cinnamon is our favorite spice so this was a HUGE hit in my family. One of my son's loves it toasted with butter and cinnamon sugar for a truly delectable piece of cinnamon toast!"
"I was great. I added more cinnamon and cut the sugar by half a cup."
"I felt this was overly sweet. The top of the bread was too crispy, not the crumbly sort, but what happens when you burn sugar.I won't be making this again. Really bad."