VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine milk and vanilla; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Pour one-third of batter into pan. Sprinkle half of remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with one-third of batter. Repeat with remaining cinnamon-sugar and batter. Smooth top with spatula. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Swirl Kuchen in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p36
Reviews forCinnamon Swirl Kuchen
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
"Great flavor but a little dry. Next time I might try adding a bit of sour cream to add flavor and help keep the cake moist"