Cinnamon-Swirl Coffee Ring
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; gradually add to dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- For filling, combine cottage cheese, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with filling and remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2015
The cottage cheese and cream cheese makes it's so moist and the spices make it very flavorful! Definite keeper!! I might suggest blending the cottage cheese to minimize the size of the curds in the swirl layer.
Oct 21, 2010
This is so moist and delicious! My family loves it and it's something I keep going back to. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Aug 7, 2009
I got raves on this from my 8 year old and my co-workers. I doubled the filling, used 1/2C of whipping cream in place of 1/2 the milk, and baked it about 30 minutes longer due to our high altitude, and it was a little too moist still, but I didn't want to burn the outside. So I'll probably have to tweek it a little more to get it firmer. But, good stuff!
Nov 9, 2008
Mmmm...this was good! The ground cardamom is what gave it such a great flavor. I'll be sure to make this one again! Thanks for sharing your amazing recipe!