- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forCinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread
"So simple and absolutely delicious!!"
"I made one loaf, and 12 rolls. I only iced the rolls as the bread was perfect without it."
"My husband was craving cinnamon bread so I looked online for a great recipe and decides to try this one. Oh my, I'm so glad I did! I make a lot of bread, and I think this is the best bread I've ever tasted! I made it a little more "heart healthy" and used olive oil in place of butter and even used two cups of wheat flour and it still tasted wonderful! I also (like another reviewer) didn't use the glaze on top because I thought the sweetness was just perfect without the extra sugar. I highly recommend this recipe. Thanks :)"
"My family loves this recipe. It makes two loaves so I freeze one for later."
"Tastes just like a cinnamon roll. Excellent."
"I thought the bread was sweet enough so I didn't make the glaze for it. And I was right - it was still delicious without all the extra sugar!"