- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into an 18x8-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the dough. Roll up each rectangle from a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forCinnamon Swirl Bread
"This bread is the best recipe i ever made. I substituted honey for the sugar, and it came out like cinnamon buns..i made it three times so far and gave one loaf to a friend, they loved it!"
"I made this bread and it was a hit, I will definitely be making this again."
"I absolutely loved making this. I didn't have problems and my whole family couldn't stop eating it. Will definitely make it again!"
"Unfortunately my yeast didn't activate so it didn't rise like it was suppose to. However, it was still a big hit! Made it for my dad's birthday (becasue he LOVES cinammon)and got a big approving Mmmmmm! I would most definitely make this again :)"