- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18x8-in. rectangle; sprinkle each with about 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans, seam side down.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forCinnamon Swirl Bread
"This bread is the best recipe i ever made. I substituted honey for the sugar, and it came out like cinnamon buns..i made it three times so far and gave one loaf to a friend, they loved it!"
"I made this bread and it was a hit, I will definitely be making this again."
"I absolutely loved making this. I didn't have problems and my whole family couldn't stop eating it. Will definitely make it again!"
"Unfortunately my yeast didn't activate so it didn't rise like it was suppose to. However, it was still a big hit! Made it for my dad's birthday (becasue he LOVES cinammon)and got a big approving Mmmmmm! I would most definitely make this again :)"