Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole
This is my favorite sweet potato recipe. I got it years ago and revised it to include cinnamon and cardamon. -Verona Wilder, Marble Hill, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash lemon juice
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and mash.
- Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon juice. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Casserole in Reminisce September/October 2002
Nov 24, 2013
Excellent!!!!! We had it with Thanksgiving dinner, everyone loved it.
Sep 30, 2012
I would make this again as a pie, with a little more sugar. The cardamon and lemon was a different twist that I liked.