- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained, or sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, lime juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries; cook until tender, about 2 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream; sprinkle with lime zest. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon-Strawberry Sundaes
"Very good served warm over cream puffs and ice cream. :) I made the recipe as listed except I did not thaw out the berries first. I put them in frozen and just let them cook a minute or two longer. My only critique is it's a little thick, maybe double the butter and sugar or just double the whole recipe so it goes further."