Cinnamon Stir Sticks
Our home economists use cinnamon sticks as holders for cute little lollipops that can be enjoyed alone or stirred into cider.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 30 cinnamon sticks (5 inches)
- Using a pencil, draw ten 2-in. ovals on three sheets of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark side down, on baking sheets; chill until ready to use.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and cream of tartar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 325° or mixture is a golden amber color.
- Remove from the heat; stir in oil (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately ladle mixture over ovals; press a cinnamon stick into each. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 stir stick: 60 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Stir Sticks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010