With lots of cinnamon flavor, these rich buttery cookies are similar to a classic Snickerdoodle. The dough is so easy to work with.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press chocolate chips into cookies as desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Editor’s Note: A pastry bag fitted with a coupler and #32 star tip can be substituted for a cookie press. Pipe dough into concentric circles or shapes of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cinnamon Spritz in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.