Cinnamon Spiced Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups Quick Baking Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 3, 2012
I don't normally like to use mixes but had it on hand and this recipe reminded me of the full size cake my mom made. I made a few mini cakes. Texture is good and tastes just like the one I remember. A bit of a pain to measure the egg but worth it for the small quantity. Quick, tasty treat!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.