Cinnamon Spiced Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups Quick Baking Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 3, 2012
I don't normally like to use mixes but had it on hand and this recipe reminded me of the full size cake my mom made. I made a few mini cakes. Texture is good and tastes just like the one I remember. A bit of a pain to measure the egg but worth it for the small quantity. Quick, tasty treat!