- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices day-old whole wheat or white bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add bread one slice at time, and soak both sides.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium heat; toast bread until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with syrup. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forCinnamon-Spice French Toast
"just what I was looking for grandma's recipe..added some fruits and was on memory lane.. thanks"