- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and sour cream. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, mix walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Brush with egg white; sprinkle each with half of the walnut mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCinnamon-Sour Cream Pinwheels
"Made these today and still the best. I submitted this receipt and always enjoy them with a nice cup of coffee or tea."