VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread three-fourths of batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan (batter will be thick). Set remaining batter aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over batter.
- Mix cinnamon filling ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls over cream cheese mixture. Cut through cream cheese filling with a knife to swirl the cinnamon filling. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 70-80 minutes. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p90