- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- CINNAMON ROLL TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler
"Love this recipe! This is one of my family's favorite recipes."
"great recipe, love cherry clobber and this one is akeeper for me."
"We love this for weeknights dessert. It's simple. Make sure you use TART cherries, it's not as good with sweet."