Cinnamon-Raisin Rice Pudding
Rice pudding may sound like an odd dessert, but it's so good! —Irene Schroeder, Hubbard, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in the rice, pecans and raisins. Pour into two greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 502 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Rice Pudding in Reminisce December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.