Cinnamon-Raisin Rice Pudding
Rice pudding may sound like an odd dessert, but it's so good! —Irene Schroeder, Hubbard, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in the rice, pecans and raisins. Pour into two greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 502 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Rice Pudding in Reminisce December/January 2012