"This granola recipe makes a great late-night snack," explains Ida Grove, Iowa field editor Tammy Neubauer. "I like that it's nutritious, too."
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Add raisins. Store in an airtight container.
1/2 cup: 254 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC