Cinnamon-Raisin Buttermilk Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle raisins over dough; knead 2 or 3 times. Pat to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 20, 2010
I haven't made these YET but can anyone tell me if you can use sour milk in place of the buttermilk?
Nov 19, 2009
My batch came out a bit dry... I think I had too much flour on my surface when kneading. Great flavor though- will definitely try this recipe again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.