Cinnamon-Raisin Buttermilk Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle raisins over dough; knead 2 or 3 times. Pat to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 20, 2010
I haven't made these YET but can anyone tell me if you can use sour milk in place of the buttermilk?
Nov 19, 2009
My batch came out a bit dry... I think I had too much flour on my surface when kneading. Great flavor though- will definitely try this recipe again.