Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups golden raisins
- 1-1/3 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a saucepan, bring first five filling ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 15-20 minutes or until almost all the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12x8-in. rectangle; brush with egg. Spread half of the filling over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch to seal. Place each loaf seam side down in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Cover loosely with foil if top browns to quickly. Remove from pans to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 160 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cinnamon Raisin Bread
"I tried this once and it was very good, the two types of raisins are a great combo. It is very sweet and it is diabetic friendly it says."