Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup cubed cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted 1/2 in. from the edge comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 slice: 337 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
"Was wonderful. Everyone loved it. Did not want all the egg yolks in a vanilla sauce. Served it with a whiskey sauce. Was awesome. Due to allergies, used chopped dates instead of raisins. Highly recommend it."
"Made it for 8 servings and increased ingredients accordingly. easy and delicious. Will definietly make it again."
"I've made this recipe twice now and each time I've doubled or tripled the recipe and it still comes out perfect!"
"The first time I made this recipe, I was part of a dinner that I was taking to a sick friend. I doubled it as I wanted enough for my husband and me too. It was so good, that i made it the very next day again. I am now copying the recipe as that same friend raved about it and wanted the recipe."
"a very fast recipe to make."