Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding with Honey Cream
My boyfriend loves bread pudding, but it's hard to find a place that serves it. So, I put together this recipe and now we can enjoy this tasty delight whenever we like. It makes an excellent addition to an Easter spread. —Diane Wright, Stacy, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 cups cubed French bread (about 5 ounces)
- HONEY CREAM:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Stir in raisins. Gently stir in bread; let stand about 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake 45-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cream until smooth. In a small heavy saucepan combine butter, honey and remaining cream. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with bread pudding; top with whipped cream.
Originally published as Bread Pudding With Honey Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.