Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream in a can, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 369 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie
"My husband hates traditional pumpkin pie and I tried this recipe to see if my theory about why was correct. I'm not a huge fan of regular pumpkin pie either and I know it's because of the spices in it. After making this easy pie, I know my theory is true. This recipe is a keeper! I love that it's easy, doesn't take long to make and it doesn't have all the spices in regular pumpkin pie. Love this!"
"This is absolutely delicious"
"Just from the look at the nutritional values, the carbs are 61.... that is carbs for an entire meal.I'll have to save up carbs for this"
"This tasted great and was simple to make! Very flavorful! I made it the day before and let it chill and firm. Perfect!"
"i made this and after that day in the fridge it was awesome. it just needs to firm up before you eat it. so make sure you put in the fridge first then puts lost of whipped cream on top yum! :)"
"Very sweet, I might try a different recipe and come back to this"
"This is a great classic pumpkin pie recipe!Readers may like to use fresh and tastier homemade pumpkin puree in place of the processed stuff: http://cookingripe.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/homemade-pumpkin-puree/"
"My new favorite pumpkin pie recipe. If you're not a fan of pumpkin pie because they're too overly "spicey", so to speak, then this is ideal for you. Some versions of pumpkin pies are so doctored up with nutmeg, cloves, allspice and the like that you truly lose the good pumpkin flavor. This, however, is perfectly flavored."
"A new favorite!"
"My husband said this is the best pumpkin pie ever!"
"I made this for a group of people and it got great reviews!"
"I agree this is very good. This will be my recipe now."
"This pie is wonderful. I didn't think it would be as good without the classic evaportated milk, but it is. With fewer spices the pumpkin flavor really comes through. It's a mild flavor that doesn't leave an aftertaste like some with ginger and nutmeg can."
"This is the recipe I have used for 50 years. It is a favorite of my family."