Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, water, applesauce, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, remaining cinnamon and enough milk to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 271 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 26, 2015
I must first say I followed this recipe exactly, and it is not nice at all......will not serve to our guests......I usually don't give negative comments but this was so disappointing, I had to.
Oct 22, 2015
Made this for a work potluck. my boss LOVED this cake and has mentioned it a few times since last year. I will make it again for the thanksgiving potluck this year.
Jul 9, 2013
Wonderfully moist cake. Nice alternative for the alternatives from my traditional pumpkin bread.
Dec 13, 2012
Moist and luscious. Great texture, so smooth. The icing is just enough and the cinnamon adds a great accent to the pumpkin.
Jul 28, 2012
If you love spices, I used spice cake mix vs. yellow cake mix and added 1/4 tsp of allspice in the cake mix. really good recipe!
Oct 12, 2011
I made it according to the recipe and I just served it at an office going away party and they loved it!!! Moist, nice cinnamon taste and we served it with vanilla soft serve ice cream. Yum!!!
Sep 28, 2011
Very moist. I used 3 eggs instead and splenda instead of 2/3 cup of sugar
Sep 26, 2011
This was WONDERFUL!! I made to take to a church social, but I will be using again during the holidays. Moist and sweet, spiced just right. Can't go wrong with this one!
Nov 3, 2010
I have made this cake a couple of times and got compliments every time. It is fast becoming a seasonal favorite in my recipe box.
Oct 11, 2009
Made this cake for a church fellowship and got quite a few compliments and requests for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.