- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, water, applesauce, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, remaining cinnamon and enough milk to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon Pumpkin Cake
"I must first say I followed this recipe exactly, and it is not nice at all......will not serve to our guests......I usually don't give negative comments but this was so disappointing, I had to."
"Moist and luscious. Great texture, so smooth. The icing is just enough and the cinnamon adds a great accent to the pumpkin."
"I made it according to the recipe and I just served it at an office going away party and they loved it!!! Moist, nice cinnamon taste and we served it with vanilla soft serve ice cream. Yum!!!"
"Very moist. I used 3 eggs instead and splenda instead of 2/3 cup of sugar"
"This was WONDERFUL!! I made to take to a church social, but I will be using again during the holidays. Moist and sweet, spiced just right. Can't go wrong with this one!"
"I have made this cake a couple of times and got compliments every time. It is fast becoming a seasonal favorite in my recipe box."
"Made this cake for a church fellowship and got quite a few compliments and requests for the recipe."