- 2 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place popcorn in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix egg white, sugar, cinnamon and salt if desired. Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews forCinnamon Popcorn
"One year I fixed this for my nephew when he was small and he loved it. Try adding a few drops of cinnamon oil for more heat. This recipe is easy to fix and tasty."
"I used Act II microwave popcorn and didn't notice any loss of volume. Love this recipe!"
"Delicious! Almost like candy. Would definitely make again."
"I drizzle white chocolate over the popcorn and add nuts, fruit, etc. for the holidays. This makes a great gift for teachers! The popcorn stays crisp and has just the right amount of cinnamon flavor."
"It wasn't wonderful, but it wasn't terrible. It was hard to get off the pan"
"I tried the recipe as written. It did shrink about a third, but the taste was well worth it. Then I tried it again with half the sugar (1/4 cup) and upped the cinnamon (1 and 1/2 teaspoon). I thought it turned out just fine. So if you want to reduce the sugar to between 1/4 and 1/2 cup, you can--depending upon how much sweetness you want."
"I tried this recipe, but will not use again. Once the popcorn was baked it (dissolved) into only 2 cups of popcorn."