Cinnamon Peach Kuchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in the crust. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 20 minutes. Combine egg yolks and cream; pour over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 417 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 6, 2015
I made this for my husband who loves peaches. It was delicious. This recipe will become a regular in our house!!
Feb 9, 2015
I thought this recipe turned out very well. I used sliced peaches that I had frozen. In contrast to others, I would have liked a little more of the custard. It was delicious.
Aug 27, 2013
What a lovely recipe. Perfect choice for our local fresh peaches.The crust reminds me of a very rich shortbread. Rich and flakey. I did cut back on the amount of sugar after reading several reviews. Even though my peaches were fresh the reduction did not hamper this recipe at all.Another thing I reduced was the amount of topping.Fabulous recipe worthy of the 5 star rating.
Dec 30, 2010
This is a very nice recipe. Just a little too sweet for my taste though, so when I make it again I will decrease the amount of brown sugar. Other than that it's great, and very simple to make. The crust is fabulous, and I will be using it on other pie recipes as well. Even though it's a little too sweet it still gets 5 stars! Excellent recipe!
Oct 25, 2010
we absolutely love LOVE this recipe. So so good, we make it again and again.
Jun 2, 2010
I made this for my family and we all went CRAZY over it - it's FABULOUS - very rich and delicious! I've shared this recipe with friends as well. Can't wait to make it again! Mary Lynn Strasser
Jan 21, 2010
I made this recipe exactly as stated. The only thing I will change when I make it again is add about 7 minutes to the second baking time. The custard wsn't quite firm enough for my taste. I think the reviewer that complained about having to bake twice as long probably didn't read the recipe all the way through before starting. Good reicpe, I will make this again.
Jan 21, 2010
This dessert was extremely sweet.
Jan 20, 2010
This is not a kuchen in any way!
Aug 26, 2009
I used fresh peaches, about 4 cups of sliced peaches that I patted dry with paper towels and for the custard 3 egg yolks, 1 cup heavy cream and 1/3 cup non-dairy vanilla liquid creamer and it was delicious. I will definitely make this recipe every peach season.MaryLyn Hope