Cinnamon Peach Kuchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in the crust. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 20 minutes. Combine egg yolks and cream; pour over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 417 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 6, 2015
I made this for my husband who loves peaches. It was delicious. This recipe will become a regular in our house!!
Feb 9, 2015
I thought this recipe turned out very well. I used sliced peaches that I had frozen. In contrast to others, I would have liked a little more of the custard. It was delicious.
Aug 27, 2013
What a lovely recipe. Perfect choice for our local fresh peaches.The crust reminds me of a very rich shortbread. Rich and flakey. I did cut back on the amount of sugar after reading several reviews. Even though my peaches were fresh the reduction did not hamper this recipe at all.Another thing I reduced was the amount of topping.Fabulous recipe worthy of the 5 star rating.
Dec 30, 2010
This is a very nice recipe. Just a little too sweet for my taste though, so when I make it again I will decrease the amount of brown sugar. Other than that it's great, and very simple to make. The crust is fabulous, and I will be using it on other pie recipes as well. Even though it's a little too sweet it still gets 5 stars! Excellent recipe!
Oct 25, 2010
we absolutely love LOVE this recipe. So so good, we make it again and again.
Jun 2, 2010
I made this for my family and we all went CRAZY over it - it's FABULOUS - very rich and delicious! I've shared this recipe with friends as well. Can't wait to make it again! Mary Lynn Strasser
Jan 21, 2010
I made this recipe exactly as stated. The only thing I will change when I make it again is add about 7 minutes to the second baking time. The custard wsn't quite firm enough for my taste. I think the reviewer that complained about having to bake twice as long probably didn't read the recipe all the way through before starting. Good reicpe, I will make this again.
Jan 21, 2010
This dessert was extremely sweet.
Jan 20, 2010
This is not a kuchen in any way!
Aug 26, 2009
I used fresh peaches, about 4 cups of sliced peaches that I patted dry with paper towels and for the custard 3 egg yolks, 1 cup heavy cream and 1/3 cup non-dairy vanilla liquid creamer and it was delicious. I will definitely make this recipe every peach season.MaryLyn Hope